the faded old photos on display, which has been
restored for this site
To the left of the lady in the doorway, there appears
to be a man and a boy.
We would be interested to learn
more about this photo (date & people).
Old Crown, which is a grade II listed building, was probably built
in the 17th century and was included in oldest records of
licensed pubs in Weybridge in 1729.
History experts believe it was used by
the bargees working on the nearby Wey Navigation.
"It is a typical Surrey building, with weather boarding on
the exterior giving it a very pleasant appearance.
Until 1832 this was known as The Crown
public house, but thereafter it has been called The Old